The Adventure: 2012年6月8日 星期五
The best experience I would ever have!
Best outdoor study ever!
Wake up 5am in the morning. Bath and everything. Bag packed yesterday. 6am breakfast. 6.30am leave hostel and walk to school wait for bus to go wairoa. FOR CAVING! How excited is that!
3 hours bus trip to Wairoa. And half and hour WALK ACROSS TWO MOUNTAINS before we can get into the underground caves. Every where was so so so muddy. I was like 'LOOK AT MY SHOES' haha. yea they were all brown. Don't want to talk about my socks, way too disgusting to talk about. LOL.
So yeah. walk walk walk climb climb climb. The best classroom when you are up on the top of the mountains. Wow. Best view ever. [with all the cows sheep and horse?] So there we go. we came to the entrance of the cave. Mr Otto said we are going to have three groups. A medium, hard and extreme. Guess what I chose? I choose to be in EXTREME! yea. not many chance to go caving eyy. Have a fun one for the first time. :D
Split into three groups. We have 12 persons in our group including Mr Otto and The kiwiadventure crew(Alex). We asked "do we just go down here?" He said "no we are going to another cave" LOL! CONTINUE WALK! @@ around 10 minutes. Oh yeah! Found where we are going this time. Go underground. Temperature around 8degrees, which means the water in there will be even colder. OH NO! [we wear 3 thermal layers, 2 bottoms thermal layers. Only wool and polyprop. type of cloths even socks]
In the cave, we walked on limestones and muds. Mud make you sink when they are with water. Yea. The water are brown in there with the mud. So you dont know which part is mud which part is stone. You never know how deep you will sink in. The mud got up to almost my knees. @@ Narrow tunnel. challenging part of caving, cause you will have to bend your whole body. Like a snake. :D There was one part where only one person can get through each time. When I go through, they said "you will just have to lay on the muds". I was like "oh dear". So I did. Since that is the only way to get through it. Came out with MUDS all over my pants.
After spending a long time passing through all the tunnels. Shit! Im the first person standing in the queue of 12 persons. and they ask me start going. What? Am I taking the lead now?! I was like "holly shit, are you guys sure about this?". So I took the lead out with Evie behind me. Lots of water this time. Getting colder. After walking for awhile. Waterfall. This is the most crazy part after all cause im the first one.@@ I tried the water level. No I couldn't sense the ground. I asked if we are suppose to swim but the teacher is on the last one. We need to pass on the message and wait for reply. He said "so go through the water" I KNOW WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE WATER WE HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO GO! Still, I dont know what to do. Now another message come to us. "You might not be able to stand this time" MEANS WE NEED TO SWIM! Mamamia. I didnt go first this time. Evie did. So she swim can catch on the wall and I swim everyone swim. The moment when you slide down to the water, you freeze. No kidding. I swear the water is like only 1 or 2 degrees. Quickly find somewhere that I could step on and start moving again.
Another waterfall, another one, keep walking. [so damn dark in there, we only have one torch on our head]
Follow the water. That is all he said to us when we taking the lead. So we did. AND WE SEE SUNLIGHT WE SEE TRESS! YESH! FINALLY WE FOUND THE EXIT! Everyone was cheering. We spent 2 and half and hours in the cave. Mr Otto was like "Good job everybody! This is a really good team!" :D
Went to the hot pools after this. Everyone just cant wait to jump in to the pool. [I cant feel my legs I walk in the cold with bare feet cause I didnt bring a spare one :( ] The hot pool was the best thing after all the cold stuff. Kinda clean now. Haha. Get change, go up bus again, exhausted. 8pm, reached hostel. Mum called. I told her everything. She was quite amaze about that! I said do you want to try? we can go together next time. She said "No thanks". LOL! She didnt talk much on the phone because I was too busy telling her the stories. :D
Got so many cloths to wash tomorrow. @@
But that was really the best experience ever.
I wouldn't have the chance to do this kind of thing if it wasn't this trip.
There is a reason for why we go caving for chemistry.
So.. LOTS OF CHEMICAL FORMULA TO FIGURE OUT NOW LAR!
Bruises on legs
Cuts on hand
The money we paid
WORTH LA WEYY
:D
Good night
Love Layla







